On the Source server
- Create blank SQL (or whatever) database.
- Create metadata
- Configuration Wizard -> “Create Metadata, History List, and …” -> select “Metadata Tables”
- Duplicate original project into a DIRECT source (select meta data created in step 2)
On the Destination Server
- Create new Direct project source and point to the metadata you just created.
- Run Configuration wizard on the Destination Server
- Configure Intelligence server – > select metadata of the project you are converting-> go through the configuration process
- Upgrade existing environment -> Intelligence Server Components -> go through the configuration process (no need to check “history tables” in this step)
- Run Configuration wizard on the Destination Server, and point back to the original metadata definition.
- Duplicate your upgraded Direct project into the main 3-tier data source.